I have been talking a bit lately about the intersection of KM and creativity, I had a coaching/workshop session yesterday that helped me focus on that intersection and start to figure it out. I am very excited about this activity, and can honestly say this is the most excited about KM that I have been in my 14 years of actively doing it. I am still working on scoping it out and incorporating it into my services but in the meantime I will blog about what I’m figuring out.
Adding creativity to KM solves an employee engagement problem.
Adding creativity to KM results in the following outcomes:
- productivity enhancements
- engaged employees (happy employees)
- thought leadership
- patents (when used in R&D)
- decreased cycle/process times
- improvements to work-life balance
- a sense of community among stakeholders
All of these things give your organization a competitive advantage with customers/clients and in attracting and keeping staff.
I’m excited, are you?