The second part of the workshop was brainstorming the questions that need to/should be asked in working with each aspect of the model. What follows is the output of that session.
- How to get/keep attention
- Is it required? Does it form new behaviour?
- How does discipline fit in
- How to increase
- Have we always been distracted
- Is there an organizational tool that can be leveraged?
- Have brains developed differently because of changes in technology and activities
- Are there patterns that should be recognized/accommodated?
- Have to be willing/allowing for failure
- How to collaborate, what that means?
- Different ways to collaborate
- Is there an occupational hazard in collaborating?
- Culturally determined?
- Best when there’s a lack of ego
- Needs to be reciprocity
- How to address conflict in styles between command and control vs. open source
- How to address competition: for an end, vs. for a purpose/value
- Danger in consensus
- Checks and balances, accountability, how are these determined/used?
- Respect (presence)
- What’s in it for me
- Types of participation: Active/passive, Named/anonymous, Public/private and when should they be allowed/used/permitted
- Does an individual’s participation make a difference?
- Are there monetary issues?
- What is the assessment of the platform the information comes from
- What or who is the authority?
- What about fairness with respect to SEO and the manipulation of sites to be higher in the rankings because of how the search algorithm works
- How to teach the tools of assessing authority/trustworthiness
- What is the real hierarchy of validation
- Can we change policy to ensure accuracy?
- Understanding how it all connects
- How to do the care/feeding of your network
- Random discovery, how to have more of it
- How to address the issue of not knowing what you don’t know
- How to address network drivers
- Transitory nature
- What’s the reliance
- Fear of exclusion
- How do you find the experts
- Inclusion/ask questions